We are creeping towards the end of July and that means that the Notre Dame Fighting Irish football team is getting closer and closer to the start of fall camp. Instead of filling your head with too much information, we offer you these choice nuggets to contemplate.
If you need an in-depth preview of the Michigan State Spartans, please check out Bill Connelly’s wonderful work.
If there was one team that truly had a worse season last year than Notre Dame, it was Michigan State – and the Spartans beat the Irish on their way to a 3-9 record. Seriously, and I say this with all due respect… they sucked.
5 Things You Have To Know
- Michigan State has issues. “Offseason of turmoil that saw the dismissal of four players involved in two separate sexual assault cases as well as the departure of a handful of others, including projected starters like linebacker Jon Reschke, cornerback Vayante Copeland and offensive lineman Thiyo Lukusa.”
- I think Brian Lewerke will be State’s starting quarterback, but by the time they play the Irish it could be Damion Terry.
- LJ Scott is still on the roster, and he will be a handful. The Spartan back didn’t quite reach 100 yards against the Irish, and he didn’t quite rush for 1000 yards last year, but he did have 160 yards against the Ohio State Buckeyes and 139 yards against the Michigan Wolverines. He’s a threat.
- It’s a NIGHT GAME ON FOX. These usually don’t go well for the Irish. Still… Gus Johnson.
- Back to point 1… can Mark Dantonio have this team ready? A swing through the MAC (at home) and then a bye week before Notre Dame comes to town says that they will try really hard. Seriously… nice schedule.