JUCO football doc series Last Chance U is now back with a second season on Netflix. It’s excellent again.
In light of that, it’s time to catch up on where the show’s alumni are for the 2017 season. These aren’t all the players who’ve gone through East Mississippi Community College since 2015, but they are the ones the show’s featured most prominently.
(Some spoilers, obviously.)
- QB John Franklin III, formerly of Florida State, was long hyped as Auburn‘s next star JUCO QB. (You might’ve heard of Cam Newton.) Franklin threw 26 passes for the Tigers in 2016 and has moved to WR.
- QB Wyatt Roberts left to attend Mississippi State as a regular student. Dan Mullen invited him to walk on as a scout-teamer. In 2016, EMCC counselor and series star Brittany Wagner joined the two QBs at Auburn-MSU.
- RB D.J. Law signed with UAB but won’t join the Blazers as their program returns. Injuries and academics hampered him, and head coach Bill Clark said the RB could play in the NAIA (non-NCAA college ball) or Canada.
- DL Ronald Ollie, the season’s most beloved player among viewers, transferred to FCS Nicholls State. He recorded 41 tackles and this Piesman-worthy TD and is now transferring again.
- DL Marcel Andry followed Ollie, played in 10 games, and appears to be staying for his senior year at Nicholls.
- DB C.J. Reavis will start at safety for Marshall after ranking as one of the Herd’s leading tacklers in 2016. The former Virginia Tech freshman was expected to start for the Hokies until a murky dismissal from the university.
- RB Isaiah Wright, who took over for Law as the team’s top RB in 2016, eventually signed with Division II West Georgia after an all-around brutal year. His 2015 kick return and 2016 flip TD might’ve given him the wildest highlight from both of the show’s seasons.